1. Hello, all! I hope you had a lovely week. 🙂 Today I went to a library book sale. Yes, my TBR list is frighteningly long, especially when you include the books I’ve checked out from the library, but who can resist 50c paperbacks? Not me, that’s for sure. I never go in with a list; instead, I pick through aaaaaaall the shelves, grab a huge stack of what looks interesting, sort through that stack, realize I’m not a millionaire, weed out some books, and repeat until I have a smallish stack of books I can’t bear to part with. Yes, I usually go to these things alone….why do you ask? 😛
2. What I’m reading:
-“Story of a Soul” is on hold until I burn through some of these new books.
-I started “The Habit of Being: Letters of Flannery O’Connor” and it is rapidly becoming one of my favorite books. She has me laughing out loud every few pages, and I am underlining paragraphs with abandon.
3. Please pray for the repose of the soul of Francis Cardinal George, who died today. Eternal rest grant unto him, O Lord, and let perpetual light shine upon him.
4. Do any of you watch “The Blacklist”? My mom and I watch it every single week without fail. I may die of suspense before the new episode next week!
5. The carnations were getting a little ragged, so I moved them by the bathroom sink. This week’s flowers: red Gerber daisies!
6. Speaking of flowers by the bathroom sink: This morning, the shower would NOT turn on. I called the maintenance man, and apparently the knob was stripped on the inside. Easy fix! But as he was going in the bathroom , he said, “Wow, ma’am, I’ve never known anyone who puts fresh flowers by the bathroom sink.”
……….Really? This is a thing, right? Right?
7. Friday fun: Fr. Roderick made Buzzfeed! I saw the trailer this morning and, yeah, that’s how I felt too. 🙂
Here’s the original video:
Have a lovely week! Go see Kelly for more Quick Takes!